How to Make the Most of a Small Bathroom
The biggest concern many of our customers face when wanting to refurbish their bathroom is how to make the best use of the space when they have big design ideas.
We are finding that more and more people are choosing to make use of a spare bedroom to create more room for a spacious bathroom, but if you don’t have that luxury we still have some great design ideas.
Take a look at these top five tips:
- Fitted furniture provides generous storage to keep all of your clutter out of sight, making a room feel airy and larger.
- Mirror cabinets are a good choose as not only do they hide things away but the glass will reflect light around the room, making it feel more open and brighter.
- A neutral colour scheme will create a feeling of light and space – match your floor and wall tiles for a continuous flow rather than breaking up the bathroom into separate areas, which could make the room feel boxed in.
- Modular furniture that floats away from the floor creates a feeling of space as more of the floor can be seen – it also makes for ease of cleaning!
- Clever lighting can also make your small bathroom look visually spacious. Recessed lighting in the ceiling, in the floors around baths and showers is a great choice. They don’t protrude into the bathroom and the extra light will make the space appear bigger than it actually is.
Take a look at our picture gallery for some inspiration and start planning your small bathroom today.